Information Collected by 500px
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our 500px users:
We collect information to make 500px useful for you and to provide a personalized experience.
Information You Provide to Us
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: In order for you to use 500px services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require certain personal information.
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information, such as your first and last names, email address, social media account names, your birthday, a bio, favorite URLs, and instant messaging IDs. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled "Sharing Your Information", you can control how your information is displayed and used.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. 500px and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, 500px cookie information, and the page you requested. 500px uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website. This does not involve collecting any of your personal information.
- In addition to the "traffic data", 500px and its authorized agents may collect information about the device you're using to access 500px, its operating system, unique device identifier, device settings such as language and crash data. Which data is specifically collected depends on the type of device and/or system running on that device. This data is again used to help us diagnose problems with the site and/or mobile apps and analyze usage trends. This does not involve collecting any of your personal information.
- 500px may collect and use information regarding the geographic location of your devices. If the location data contains your personal information, then 500px will treat this location data in accordance with this Policy.
- 500px may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While 500px will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
We collect your registration and user profile data. Our servers also collect log information used to make the website faster and better. We also collect geographic location data; this allows us to present a more personalized experience.
500px is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the "Sharing Your Information" section below. 500px may send out e-mails with 500px-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from 500px, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
We will send you emails based on your profile settings. From time to time, we may send emails to all our users.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. 500px cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
We use third-party analytics services that help us better understand usage trends and make decisions based on those trends. These tools don't collect personal information, and all information collected is used in accordance with this policy.
Sharing Your Information
Because 500px enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use 500px is an integral part of the 500px experience. Rest assured that we will not rent or sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below:
- 500px Personnel: 500px personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of 500px business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if 500px, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other 500px users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on 500px where we allow you to tell other 500px users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Settings section of your User Profile.
- Followers' Activity: Much like other online social networks, 500px allows non-followers to browse your followers’ activity.
- Syndication: 500px allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the 500px website.
- Service Providers: 500px may share user information as well as information from tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers and location data, with third-parties that help 500px provide services to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary for 500px to provide our services. 500px requires Services Providers to protect your data in a manner consistent with this Policy and to limit the use of such information to the performance of services for 500px. 500px may also remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with Service Providers, including combining your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
We do not sell your information to anyone. However, we will show publicly available information to other users. We may share information so that we can provide our service, and we may share information where required by law. We may also share information with third-parties that help 500px provide services to you.
Keeping Information Secure
- Your 500px account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Your account is protected by an encrypted password. We keep it secure; you must also keep it safe. Our employees may not access your account unless required to do a specific job.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other 500px users, please visit the Settings of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.
- However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
You can choose not to share information with us, but your experience of the site may be limited. However, until your account is deleted, you may receive all system emails.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 14 years and older to register to use the 500px website. As a result, 500px does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that 500px has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 14 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using 500px or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Please register only when you reach 18 years of age, or ask for your parents' permission if you are between 14 and 18 years old. You are not allowed to register if you are under 14.
Conditions of Use